Twelve Months With Jude

Little man, little man. We are so thankful for the joy you've brought us this past year. In keeping with my tradition of one blog a month with your "month" update... I have to share a few memories and moments of your twelfth month. We took you to the doctor for your one year check up and you got four shots and a finger prick, poor fella! You were in the 75% for weight and height and the doctor said you present yourself to be the size of a fifteen month old. WOW. You were 22.8 pounds and 30'' long believe it or not! We were so proud of you when you let us wean you off your bottle before your big birthday! You love your sippy cups and enjoy veggie burgers, some chicken, all sorts of veggies, bananas, peaches, pears, raisins, oranges, blueberries, you name it. You eat pretty much anything we give you and we try to stick to healthy foods only. One day when you can appreciate it, you may have some pizza but for now, it can wait. You are transitioning into a size four diaper finally! Your favorite toys are the old faithful push cart, blocks, stacking bowls, flap books, cars, and your little cell phone that Aunt Whitney gave you! You love to play hide and go seek around the house with me and daddy! You can say "mama," "dada," and a few others and you love to whisper, sing when you wake up in the morning, and scream when you get excited about going outside. You LOVE playing outside in our covered porch. You also love pushing your cart outside on the sidewalk and going on big walks with me in your stroller. I love eating breakfast with you each morning and watching you grin as we eat our cereal. You can almost point to your ears, eyes, nose, and mouth! We're working on it! You definitely know the word, "NO" and you shake your head whenever I say it to you. You listen so well and I'm so proud! You're content most of the day until you're tired... you still take two naps each day and go to sleep for twelve hours at night. You know when it's bedtime and you tuck yourself in with a blanket and peacefully put yourself to sleep. You like to change the sound on your sleep sheep and daddy and I chuckle from the other room as we hear you try to make your favorite selection. (Whales, heartbeat, ocean, or rain) haha. You love to roll around in our bed or on the couch and tackle dad. Bath time couldn't be more exciting for you, you splash and roll around like crazy! You have a few little friends at our church that you love to play with! The Olson boys love to play with you too! You love playing the piano with me and daddy each day, playing in our jacuzzi tub, picking up anything on the floor including cat food (yikes), and give me the sweetest hugs out of nowhere. You run up to me with your arms open and this big grin while my heart just meeelts. The biggest hugs are in the morning when you wake up, those are the most precious moments. Your little giggle is pure joy! I love watching your big blue eyes as they take in the world around them! I try to talk to you about everything we're doing and I think you're starting to understand! It's amazing! I'm having a hard time comprehending all that we've shared this year but my heart is so full and I just truly enjoy spending each day with you. Yes, it's challenging but it's so worth it! Mommy and daddy love you!
Here are some memories that my gracious father-in-law captured of Jude when they came to visit us a few weeks ago.












































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me