S U M M E R 2 0 1 7



Now that summer is officially over, I better post this before Christmas is here! This third baby business has us all kinds of frazzled. Whew. I need more arms. I need more time.

I remember this particular summer afternoon smelling like wet grass and grilled meat. Thanks to the talented Amy Ramsaran, we enjoyed this adventure while she took all the photos. I found myself clinging to our newborn instead of my camera bag and I wouldn't have it any other way. Our sweet friends, the Liesers, decided to have a little get-together to celebrate friendship and summer. Our kids had the best time attacking Jason and Blake the whole time! I sat there in the heat with little Hallie and had a chance to observe the adventure, nurse her, change diapers, and try to avoid the water balloons!

I used to be so diligent (obsessed) about taking pictures as much as possible but I've run out of hands! With the arrival of little Hallie, we've definitely had to do some adjusting to our routine. Our days are packed with to-dos and seem to go by quicker than they used to. I have had to cling to the truth of grace more desperately than ever! There's grace when I just can't do it all. Having Hallie, I've been reminded that I can't please everyone. I can't be the best wife, mom, sister, friend, co-worker, worship-leader, baker, crazy person that I want to be but... I can rest in the grace that this life isn't about me. I've learned to give myself some grace. Breathing in and out, grace.


How quickly I tend to believe the lie that this life is all about me, my plans (or lack thereof), my family, etc. I'd be so foolish to steal all the glory. Lord, this life is about your glory! So much of His glory was in these little faces enjoying His creation, definitely the grilled corn (thanks to master chef Jason),  fellowshipping with our SoFlo family, and getting to know some new friends who didn't know Jesus. To my left was one friend that Blake loved on at Lowe's and now she knows Jesus, and to my right was a friend who I've grown alongside for four years now. They've both been by our side through celebrations and definitely drama and hardship! Haha! What a gift we have found in each other, provided by our unity in Christ. Jesus really changes everything.

Thankful for a loving and graceful heavenly father that provides such special summer evenings with the BEST friends! It was one for the books.

Thanks, Amy for the awesome pics!


















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me